america van java

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whitney Cummings Jokes About Being Poor in L.A.

Whitney Cummings is poised to become this fall's breakout star. As the star of NBC's Whitney and the co-creator of CBS' Two Broke Girls, the 29-year-old comedienne has a lot to be thankful for -- especially since she was dead broke just a few years ago.
"There was a time in L.A. when I drove to 7-Eleven to go grocery shopping, and I locked my keys in my car, which wasn't insured," Cummings told The New York Times Sunday. "My wallet was in there, and I couldn't call AAA, because I only had $7 in my bank account. It was one of those moments where I was like, 'OK, I literally have nothing right now.'"
Despite her financial shortcomings, Cummings had a sense of humor about her humble beginnings in Hollywood. "I used to buy the Oberto Beef Jerky [at 7-Eleven]. It's delicious," she said. "Some people say I have good skin, and I'm like, 'No, I'm just embalmed from eating preservatives for four years."

Before she hit it big, Cummings -- a staple on E!'s late-night chat fest Chelsea Lately -- made money as a model. Read more


This Articel Orignaly Published at Us Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment