america van java

Friday, September 23, 2011

US Vogue European editor-at-large Hamish Bowles auditioned for X Factor

US Vogue European editor-at-large Hamish Bowles auditioned for X Factor this season, as part of an assignment from Anna Wintour - perhaps his most gruelling, fashion challenge yet.

"I had to read the e-mail from the editor-in-chief several times to be quite sure," writes Bowles in the October issue of US Vogue. "There, buried like a time bomb in a bouquet, was this chilling sentence: 'I have signed you up to compete in The X Factor. You can sing,' says Anna, who has heard me warble some comedic Noël Coward songs at the Rug Company during Fashion's Night Out. 'This will be easy for you.' Her enthusiasm buoys me along, until a moment over dinner at the Metropolitan Opera - after Jonas Kaufmann's celestial voice during Act I of Die Walküre has brought tears to my eyes - when she insouciantly announces that she is, in fact, completely tone deaf." Read more at Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment