america van java

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Evanescence Avoided 'The Classic Route' With 'What You Want' Video

Almost since the day she wrote it, Amy Lee has referred to Evanescence's "What You Want" as being "really different" from any song in the band's back catalog. So, when it came time to cook up a concept for the video, well, why would that change?

"We'd been working really fast, and we were still finishing the album and it was almost time to shoot the video, and I didn't have an idea, which is weird for me, I usually have a big vision right away," Lee laughed. "But the song is really different for us, so I knew that I didn't want to go the classic, sort of fantastic, epic [thing]. I mean it's still epic, but we didn't want to go the classic route — I wanted to do something different."

Lee actually invited her sister, Carrie, to the recording studio for a few fresh ideas. "She's a writer, so I was like, 'Would you just sit here with me and listen to the song a couple times and just tell me what you see?' " Lee recalled. "She just started saying things that were right on. She was like, 'This should be in New York. You guys need to do something different, this song feels different.' And she started talking about running across the Brooklyn Bridge, and it being where I live, and I was like, 'Oh my God, this is great.' " Keep Reading at MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment