america van java

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Salma Hayek: I’m nobody’s Barbie

Salma Hayek insists she’s “nobody’s Barbie”.

The stunning actress is married to French billionaire François-Henri Pinault. He is the CEO of luxury goods firm PPR - who own Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent.

Although she likes impressing her husband with her choice of attire, Salma would never dress a certain way just to make him happy.

"I like to play fashion with him, but I'm nobody's Barbie," she said in an interview with the November edition of Redbook magazine.

Salma can rely on François-Henri. However, the 45-year-old beauty insists being married to a powerful businessman doesn't mean she's given up her freedom.

"I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence," she said. "I don't ever want to have to depend on anyone completely. But when I have troubles sometimes, it's nice to have someone there to help."

Salma has four-year-old daughter Valentina with François-Henri. The Mexican actress says her young child prompted her to star in the upcoming animation Puss in Boots, because she wanted to make a movie her daughter could watch.

While Salma admits motherhood has had a massive influence on her career choices, she is adamant she can still perform any role given to her.

"I'm playing the queen of a drug cartel in an Oliver Stone film," she said.

"He asked if I'd gone 'all soft' because I'm a mother. I said, 'Yes, but I can be the devil if I need to, because after all, I'm an actress.' "

© Cover Media

No comments:

Post a Comment