america van java

Monday, October 10, 2011

Matt Damon: Film diet almost killed me

(Cover) - EN Movies - Matt Damon claims he lost so much weight for a film he could’ve died.

The Bourne Trilogy star was so desperate to become an actor when he was younger, he would have done anything to get a role.

His methods were so drastic that his dieting for his part in the 1996 film Courage Under Fire become dangerous.

“I had to be thin and went on an unsupervised diet which could have killed me,” the actor told British newspaper The Sun. “A doctor told me later I could have shrunk my heart permanently. I am 5ft 11in and went down to 135lb from my usual weight, between 173lb and 176lb. It didn't do me any good.”

It wasn’t until a year later that Matt became an international star. His movie Good Will Hunting propelled him and co-star Ben Affleck into the Hollywood spotlight. Matt admits that the sudden fame was shocking.

“After years of struggling, I had plenty,” Matt explained. “I hit a point in my late twenties when I was travelling and working non-stop. It took years before I felt like myself again. The whole thing was like an out-of-body experience.”

However, Matt does enjoy the perks of fame. He doesn’t understand why other actors complain when there are so many benefits.

“Whenever I read about famous actors suffering [from] pressure I wonder: ‘What are you talking about?’ You want a new suit? Armani give you one. It arrives and fits perfectly. You want a set of golf clubs? You get one free,” he said.

© Cover Media


Film-News uk

No comments:

Post a Comment