america van java

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kirsten Dunst recalls Von Trier ‘meltdown’

Cover) - EN Movies - Kirsten Dunst has blasted her Melancholia co-stars for not helping when Lars Von Trier had a “meltdown” at the Cannes International Film Festival.

The Danish director became a “persona non grata” at the event after he called himself a Nazi and said he “sympathised” with Hitler while there in May.

The comments came during a press conference for his movie Melancholia, which Kirsten stars in.

She was sitting alongside him during the incident and was amazed that the movie’s other stars didn’t step in sooner to help Lars.

“Well yeah, you could see my face. I was choking, because I'm watching a friend having a meltdown. And what he's saying is horrendous in a roomful of press. He was asked an inappropriate question [about his family] and his response was to make a joke about it. But no one laughed and he just kept unravelling,” she told British newspaper The Guardian.

“That's what I don't understand. There were a lot of us sitting there. There was Stellan [Skarsgard], John [Hurt], Charlotte [Gainsbourg]. And no one said something. No one wanted to help. I was the only one to lean in to Lars and get him to stop. And, of course, I'm the one person that people would love to rope into that situation. They'd love to mess with me.”

Paul Bettany appeared in Lars’ 2003 movie Dogville, and has openly admitted he didn’t enjoy the experience. He implied Lars doesn’t let actors getting fully involved with the process of shooting, but Kirsten had no problem with the director.

“I've felt like a puppet on films before and have been really frustrated and angry. I mean, Lars might see himself as some master manipulator, but that's not how he comes across. I mean, most of the scenes were improvised and he doesn't even say much. How can that make me his puppet?" she asked.

© Cover Media

This Articel Orignaly Published at Film-News uk

No comments:

Post a Comment