america van java

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gloria Estefan: 'I'll never do a big tour again'

Gloria Estefan has insisted that she will never embark on a world tour again.

The 'Wepa' singer confessed that she feels "too old" for the demands of an international concert tour and wants to maintain a more relaxed schedule following the recent release of her 11th studio LP, Little Miss Havana.

"I'm not going to do those big tours again. I used to go all over and everybody thought I was retiring in 2004 when I said I wasn't going to do any more world tours," Estefan explained in a new interview with Parade.

"I told [husband] Emilio when I was in my 20s that I was going to work really hard so that one day I didn't have to work that hard. I wanted to do it before I was too old to enjoy it. I spent 15 years on the road between touring and recording and I never saw anything. I want to enjoy life."

Discussing the sexier look and sound of Little Miss Havana, the 54-year-old said that she felt now was the time to explore that aspect of her personality as she is finally "comfortable in [her] own skin".

"It's fun for me. Everything ended up with a lot of double entendres, but Cubans, we use that a lot. It's part of our culture and the music was sexy, so it just all led in that direction. I'm very comfortable in my own skin now," she said.

"I started just being myself more and more. For women, this happens as you get older. I loved my 40s - I thought they were fantastic. And I'm loving my 50s. I'm going to love everything because you're either older or dead!" Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment